Wednesday, March 23, 2011

M & M Weekend

We've been called a lot of things - the M&M's. But Missing Minds seems to be the one thing that we are all guilty of! Last weekend, the girls got together and had a wonderful weekend getaway - to Colleen's house! We are all too broke to actually "go" anywhere - so we landed at her house.

Saturday morning we headed to Gruene for Market Days. Since I live on "the other side of town", they met at the Home Depot and drove to meet me at Taco Cabana. Once we ate breakfast, we loaded up in my van and headed off to shop for the day...

Linda & Stanton sat in the back...


Next was Carolyn and Cindy,


Then me and Colleen.

We walked all around the outdoor market and found some awesome buys. Of course, my van was already loaded down with the stuff I was normally taking to "spend the night", and also with all my scrapbooking stuff, because on Sunday afternoon I had my crop at our church! And of course I would not have time to come home in between - so it all had to go in the van...

I warned the girls that all purchases had to be small - or they'd be holding things in their laps. Which they ended up doing! Ha! We had a blast trying to cram everything in...

After lunch at the Grist Mill we headed back to San Antonio to spend the evening catching up and just being "us". A little "journey jar" questions and we were thick as glue!


We also celebrated Stanton's birthday - a little late, but we made the most of it and as always enjoyed the cards most of all!


Cindy has just returned from a cruise and brought all of us the most beautiful necklaces and put them in the cutest little bags. We chose the bag and of course, each bag had just the right thing in it. Me, I took the green bag and inside was the most beautiful green necklace and earrings! Cindy - you are so good. We graciously displayed our beautiful presents!

The best friends in the world are your girl friends and mine are the M&M's - I wouldn't want to live life without any of them!

No comments: