Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Okay, I'm a slacker...

I don't know why I can't keep up with my blogging! Honestly, I love reading Stephanie's blog everyday. It makes me happy to follow what she is doing and laughing at the amusing things my grandkids say! I feel like I know what is happening in their lives and I love it!

But... for me... it's a chore! Honestly - my pictures are never where I can get to them to paste to the blog. I'm too tired to try to do it at night and I can't do it at work (go figure...) I guess I should just resort to "Words of Wisdom". But heaven only knows I don't have many of those...

I encountered a situation last week that shook my world. One of my very best friends, Colleen, lost her husband last week. Houston had not been feeling well for some time, but no one thought it was "life threatening". At least none of us did. Colleen knew there was something wrong, but didn't know how serious it was. It was quite a shock when he had a stroke on Jan. 28 and ended up in ICU. It was touch and go for about 10 days, and then he lost the battle and went on to be with the Lord. That is the good news. He was a follower of Jesus and now rests in His arms.

It doesn't make it any easier on the family he left behind, especially on Colleen, his wife of 33 years. It's comforting, but not easier.

This made me take a closer look at my family and my husband. How would I handle this? Hopefully I won't have to for a very long time. But needless to say, I'm loving on him more and realizing what a treasure I have in my husband. I'm so blessed to have someone who loves me through thick and thin. One who supports me and lets me be me.



Take a minute and think about those you love and give them a special hug when you see them and tell them how much you love them. Life is precious and we never know when it might end. Make sure you are saved by grace and live life with no regrets.

Those are my words of wisdom.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

why did i read this? now, i have tears in my eyes. you have always had the most encouraging words i have ever heard. you are a blessing to all of us that know and love you.

my heart aches for colleen. she, like you, is a treasure of a friend to always hold on to.

have a wonderful day.