It was a great trip for David, Jason and Steph - it was some time they could spend together and see family and reminisce about some very good times they had over the years. When they left to come home late Saturday night, Jonell was doing better. My crazy son and daughter thought it would be great to go ahead and drive all night and get back early Sunday morning. Needless to say, no one discussed this crazy idea with me or I would have nipped it in the bud! But no, around 8AM on Sunday I get this phone call that they are in the subdivision and I'd better get some clothes on! I was already up getting dressed for church, but I was not expecting to see my whole family in a matter of minutes!
Talk about tired! David was exhausted! He unloaded the car and headed straight to bed. I continued to get dressed and headed to get mom for church. That's where the rest of the story begins...
I knew that David would be out for the count, so to speak, so mom and I decided to take a little road trip after church. We decided to drive to San Marcos and stop at the outlet mall. Now that is what I call a shopping spree! Now you have to realize that mom doesn't "need anything". But she enjoys looking and seeing all the new styles and comments about a few things. We headed to Chico's outlet and browsed through the store for about an hour. Every time I would suggest she try on something she would say "I don't need anything". But I would counter with, "no one NEEDS anything! This is a want shopping spree!" She finally agreed to a couple of things, but it wasn't easy! I guess this is what I miss the most about mom losing her memory. We always had so much fun shopping. We would try on things and have to decide what to put back because our checkbooks wouldn't afford our taste! Now, it's hard to get her to even buy... and she could buy anything she wants...
We decided to stop at a cute little place we found called The Fork and Spoon for lunch.


No comments:
Post a Comment