Monday, September 27, 2010

The Cart

A week ago, Cindy, LeAnn, Marty, Cheryl and I went to the Scrapbook Contention in San Marcos. WOW! Talk about a great time. We left San Antonio early on Friday morning (7AM) and got there around 8:15 - after stopping at Taco Cabana for breakfast.
The five of us took classes all day and shopped for scrapbooking supplies and ideas. By time we left it was almost 8PM. We were totally exhausted, but happy!


Cindy and Cheryl found an awesome deal at the convention. A really cool cart that was on wheels and also served as a stool to sit on! Cheryl and I had a class together and she told me all about the cart. Of course, I wanted one, so I called Cindy to see why she didn't buy me one! She told me the deal was for two - they were $15 a piece or 2 or $20. And the guy only had 2 left. I turned to my neighbor in the class ( never met her before!) and asked her if she wanted a cart? Well, of course for that price! So Cindy snatched up the last 2 carts and we got quite a deal!

Well, we thought we had a great deal - and we really did because when we checked out the SeatCase on line we found it sold for MUCH more than the $10 we paid - up to $75 on line! We were sooooo excited! Until we got the boxes home and opened them up to find all the parts scattered and wrapped in Chinese printed newspaper! No instructions, just parts everywhere.

David is wondering about this "great find" as he spread all the parts out on the table and started trying to figure out what went where. See the pretty lime green bag that sits in the cart?

Piece by piece he assembled the cool cart - wasn't as hard as it looked like it was going to be...

Tada! Success - and only a few parts left over. But what do you expect? I love my new cart and can't wait to take it to the Scrapbook Retreat in October!
Thanks honey! You did a great job - as usual! You are the best!

No comments: