Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ahhh, there's nothing like new carpet...


Nothing was more exciting than seeing the red truck with our new carpet! Out with the old, in with the new. We had been waiting so long for our new carpet. We actually found what we wanted and placed our order in early August. It was supposed to be delivered around the 3rd week of August and lo and behold, it was on BACKORDER! Ugh... Well, okay, we decided to wait it out. It was due to arrive around the middle of September, but again, backordered! Patience is a virtue... or so I'm told.
Finally - delivery date was set for Sept. 17. Then we got the news that David's mom had fallen, broken her hip and was having surgery. David was scheduled to be off on the 17th and would have been there for the carpet delivery. I had already planned to be at the Scrapbooking Convention, and had several people depending on me to go. So... David went to Amarillo and I went to the convention and the carpet got delayed - again.

I watched as the guys pulled up the old carpet, laid the new pad and put in the new carpet.It sure makes the rooms look clean and new. And it's so lush!
We love the carpet. The wait was well worth it! And now I just walk around barefooted - enjoying the feel of new carpet under my toes...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i tiled my whole house due to my pets..... so, now when i go to by best friends house ( she has carpet in her living area ) i love to just sit on the couch and take my shoes off to feel the softness of the carpet under my feet. i sure do miss a nice area rug or carpet.