You want to know what thrills my soul? To sit by mom in church and hear her singing during the worship. She doesn't always remember what day it is or if she has seen you in the last day or so, but she remembers that she wants to go to church and she loves singing with the congregation.
I am so blessed to be close enough to Mother to be able to take her to church with us. And I am so blessed that she is able to get around and enjoys being out and doing things with our family. I count my blessing every day that Mother is as healthy as she is and always has a smile on her face.
Last week she was talking about living to be 100! Like Aunt Essie. She told me she has lots to do and plans on being around for a long while! She's just amazing. I'm the lucky one - being close enough to mom to see her anytime I want. She makes me smile and I love that!


3 comments:
I'm glad you have each other.
I'm so glad she is where she is. It's like she's a new person!
Post a Comment