Friday, November 21, 2008

Saturday Night LIVE...

We have made some changes around here. Since it's too far to come to our house on Sunday night - due to school and all, we have decided to keep the kids once a month on a Saturday night. That way we can enjoy them longer and not be rushing around trying to get them home before it gets so late. This past Saturday was the first time we implemented our plan.

It worked! We had a ball. Joey & Steph brough Ashton & Taylor to the house after we got out of church and then we headed to the movies to see Madagascar 2. It was hilarious. Taylor is soooo funny when he gets tickled! I enjoyed just listening to him laught. Ashton enjoyed the movie, too, and they both came away with some of the dialogue used in the movie!

We slept in on Sunday morning - didn't even go to Taco Cabana! What's up with that??? Anyway, I made a breakfast casserole (yes, I did say casserole - and they did both "try" it after I convinced them that casseroles were okay to eat - thanks, Joey!) We played around outside with Ditto and just enjoyed having some grandparent time with the kids.

Joey & Steph were coming to lunch, so I had to go to the grocery store and get something to fix. While we were there, the kids found some creepy critters - snakes and lizzards - the stretch kind - and they had to have them! It's amazing how much fun the kids can have with something that costs $2. Anyway - one of their favorite things was to toss them all over PaPa. He took it like a trooper!



Of course, Ashton had to get the "monster" look in, so here is what I captured on that. Yes, that is Ashton behind that head of hair!
It was a great time and I'm looking forward to our December Saturday night event. Gonna have to come up with something unique for sure! And I promise to stay away from the casseroles - honest, I didn't realize King Ranch Chicken was a casserole! Maybe I'll try a roast... that okay with you Joey???





No comments: