
David and I spent the weekend at Tapatio Springs in Boerne. It was a great "stay-cation" as it's been called. Close to home, yet far enough that you felt like you'd been somewhere. One of the highlights of our trip for me was to ride in the golf cart and watch David play golf. Yes - I did enjoy that! And it gave me a lot of time to think (you know you can't talk when they are trying to hit that little ball...) anyway, I observed David on numerous occasions squat, put his hands close to his face, and concentrate on where to putt. I couldn't quite figure it out, so I asked him why he did that.
" To shut out the light and focus on the hole - to get a clear picture of where the goal is." I couldn't help but wonder how many distractions I have allowed in my life simply because I was too busy to really focus on what the goal is. My prayer is that I will set my eyes on the heavenly goals that God has laid out for me and pursue them with the same determination that David has to get that little ball in a little hole on the golf course.
4 comments:
I love that you love to go golfing with dad. I think it's the greatest! I hope Joey and I have something like after 30-some-odd years of marriage...
Love you!
Your marriage is an inspiration to me. I love that you still want to spend time together. :)
I love that, isnt it great when God teaches us things in the simplest things.....I have been really pushin against going golfing with jay for years.....im sooo impatient....now with my new found love of reading i may go along.....
Ohhh, good picture, great thoughts. Deep! I lose focus so easily, especially nowadays. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment