The holidays make me smile. I love the smell of pine cones and fireplaces (when it's not really hot enough to burn them). I love the cool air in the evening and the need to have extra covers on the bed. I love thinking about putting up the tree and decorating and buying presents for everyone.
My mom makes me smile. I love the way she laughs and enjoys playing bingo. I love the carefree way she enjoys everyday at Sterling House. I love that she is happy and tells me so. Each day is new for her and she enjoys it to the fullest.
I'm thankful that I have so much to smile about. Unfortunately that's not the case for so many around us. Because of where I work, I see people with not too much to smile about. However, it does make me smile to see the joy on their faces when they receive a little help or encouragement along the way. That makes me smile.
Happy Thanksgiving! Be sure to smile!


No comments:
Post a Comment