Friday, September 10, 2010

When it rains, it pours...

Boy did we need rain - but not all at once! Hurricane Hermine dumped over 10 inches of rain at our house over a two day period and there are still dark clouds in the sky - making me wonder if more is to come.

One good thing about the rain - and flooding in downtown San Antonio - almost everyone is released early from work - there are so many low water crossings and traffic comes to a halt if you don't get out early! So... as I left CAM on Tuesday around 2:45 I felt the need to seek out a pair of rain boots! I had been wanting some for awhile since we have gotten alot of rain since I started working at CAM. And when we walk down to Oasis to get our tacos or lunch, the water rises very quickly and makes it impossible to stay dry.

Target was on my way home, so I stopped hoping to find just the right pair of boots for the rest of the week. When I pulled into the parking lot, this is what I found! A huge light pole had been blown over by the wind and landed on this fairly new car!

OMG! The winds had been really strong, but I had no idea that they could have knocked over this pole. I was amazing at what I saw. The poor owner of this vehicle! Thank goodness the owner was in the store at the time and there wasn't anyone in the car.

The lights were out in the store - most of the power was gone. I stayed in my van for awhile thinking it was closed, but kept seeing people go in and out, so I decided to give it a shot and look for my boots.

Lo and behold! One size of 7's left and they are so cute! The cash registers were working so I made my purchase and left. Of course the rains mostly stopped after that and here I am with boots and no rain to wear them in! But aren't they cute! I'm sure there will be lots of opportunity for me in the near future -
Until then, I'm just waiting on a chance to put on my boots and splash around downtown.


No comments: