Friday, January 8, 2010

It's Cold Outside


Okay - it's really cold outside. And in my office - it's cold inside!

Now don't get me wrong - I love cold weather! I love sweaters and hats and gloves. I really do. I wouldn't want to LIVE up north in Chicago or New York or Montana - but I would like to visit there in the winter. I grew up with seasons - you know those 4 times during the year that the weather changes.... Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter... with snow... ahhh, the memories...

But back to the cold office... I don't like being cold INSIDE! It's just not right. My office is a freezer - seems like the fuses go out every time I turn on the heater! And I have an office on an outside wall with a door going out on a 2nd story porch - old building - probably 100 years or so... today we used packing tape as weather stripping... hope no one needs to go out that door! It's taped shut!

There is talk about getting the problem fixed - we have had the electrician out 3 times in the last 2 weeks. But with the age of the building and the pull of electricity from the floor heater - it's gonna take more than a new fuse. That means $$$ and we don't have any.

By the time they get it fixed - it will be hot again...

My mamma always told me to layer - so that's what I'm doing... Looks like I've gained 10 pounds! I guess I will just be thankful that I have clothes to layer - there are definitely those less fortunate than me out there... in the COLD.