Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Rain Gauge

Last spring, I bought the cutest little rain gauge and holder. I put it in the flower bed, close to the edge (really close to the edge) and David promptly ran over it with the lawn mower and busted it. We weren't getting any rain then so it really didn't matter. But once we started getting indications that it MIGHT possibly rain again (40 days and 40 nights later) we set out to hunt down a new rain gauge.You are now looking at possibly the LAST rain gauge left in San Antonio! We hunted high and low and FINALLY ran across this one. And it magnifies! Really! You can actually stand by our backdoor and look out across the yard to the fence and READ how much rain we have. It's amazing - a little strange, but amazing!

See what a little over an inch of rain has done for our yard? Pretty impressive if I say so myself!


Did I say I love the rain? Well, I do and I'm sure hoping we get lots more of it!



No comments: