Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mother's Day Celebrations

I have the best kids in the world. No kidding! Mother's Day is always special, but this year it was extraordinary. It started on Friday night when Stephanie invited us over for dinner and to celebrate Mother's Day. She and Joey had a full schedule on Sunday, with being on the worship team at their church and then celebrating Mother's Day with Joey's mom and grandmother. And Stephanie is the mom of two of my wonderful grandchildren... so she needed some Mother's Day time as well.



This suited me just fine! I got some much wanted one-on-one time with my favorite daughter and grandkids!

See how beautiful my daughter has turned out? She is my pride and joy and a wonderful mother. I couldn't be prouder! I love you Stephanie. They presented me with a gift certificate for an hour massage... can't wait to get that booked!



On Sunday morning, David and I went to Sterling House to have a Mother's Day breakfast with my mom. All the residents had invited their special guests and we were excited to get to spend this time with mom. The breakfast was wonderful!


After breakfast, David and I took mom with us to visit River City Community Church. Jason and Allison were going to meet us there, so I got to spend some time with Jason & with Allison who is the mother of my other two wonderful grandkids!
Jason & Allison presented mom and me with beautiful long stem roses and they gave mom some great smelling lotions and body washes. They gave me a trip to the Spa! Now how great is that??? A massage AND a trip to the Spa!



2 comments:

Eileen Key said...

For mother's day I got a new son-in-law. The wedding was amazing! Glad to know yours was special,too.

Vern ~ Inspired said...

I was thinking of you today and stopped by to catch up on reading your post's.

I am so thrilled about your new job!! Congratulations!!

Let's do lunch sometime...I want to hear about this place and catch up with you!

Love ya!