Well - to say the least it has been an interesting start to 2009. My last update showed us celebrating the new year in Mom & Casey's new apartment at Sterling House. On Jan 8, 2009, Casey got sick and ended up in the hospital. He had the flu and was dehydrated. Things went down hill from there and because he was unable to swallow, a feeding tube was placed in his stomach.
After a little over a week in the hospital, Casey was moved to a rehab center close by and remained there doing Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy. While we are hoping the feeding tube will eventually come out, the doctors say the chances of that are very slim. Even if he can swallow, he will not be able to get enough nutrients to remain healthy. As long as he has the feeding tube he will not be able to return to the Sterling House where they lived before all this happened.
This past week we had to move Casey to another facility and that is where he is going to "live" while he has the feeding tube. I have been taking mom to see him everyday for 3-4 hours, but even that is exhausting to both of us.
I was laid off from my job on January 2 - quite unexpectedly, but I know God is in Control because I would never have been able to cope with all this if I had a job that demanded 40 hours + a week. So far we are keeping our heads above the water - but that can only last so long... and I am constantly looking for employment - but me, like hundreds more are all looking for jobs. I know when the time is right, and the situation has settled down, God will provide THE job for me and I can take it without wondering how I will juggle this lifestyle I have been thrown into.
Please keep Mom and Casey in your prayers. It is hard on everyone involved. She wants him home and he wants to come home.
Maybe next time I find myself with a few minutes sitting at the computer, I can share some of the wonderful blessings that have occurred even during this time of trial...
Love to all,
Jo Ann

3 comments:
im so sorry to hear that, but thank God he is okay!! I know your mom must be heart broken, please know i will pray for them.
I am so sorry about all that has happened. It reminds me of four years ago, being laid off from BRCC, going through the beginning of a divorce process and being unemployed. I knew all along God had a plan for me. Things have been good thus far and with this day and age I am very thankful to be able to support myself all on my own.
I will keep you in my prayers and I even prayed for you this morning.
Jo Ann - I was wondering why you hadn't posted any updates. I'm so sorry to hear about Casey and also about your job. I'll be thinking of you!
Post a Comment