
Let me begin with Saturday evening...
Mom and I headed off to church. You know, Community Bible Church - the BIG church at 1604 and Gold Canyon. It was 4:45 and we had just made it in time to get a good seat and settle in for a wonderful sermon by Robert... well, we tried to enter the parking lot and the policeman promptly stopped us and said - No church tonight ladies... WHAT??? Evidently there was a major power surge and it left the church property powerless --- well, let's just say they had no electricity... I know there was Power there if you get what I mean...
Okay, so we decided Sunday morning would be a great time to go to church...

I picked mom up at 9:45 and we headed to CBC - but all the way there I just kept thinking about the Sunday morning crowds and how it was not going to be a pleasant experience getting in and out of the parking lot... so we came across 1000 Oaks Baptist Church and it was 10:29 and the service started at 10:30. Talk about a fast left turn... we pulled into the parking lot, got a great seat and enjoyed an good old Baptist going to meeting service. The music was comtempory and the sermon was good. Great choice if I say so myself - and we didn't have to fight any traffic - I imagine there were only about 100 people there, so it was easy in and out!
Now on to the rest of the story...
I left Mom with Casey to meet some folks. We talked for over an hour and I knew it was time to get back to mom. I started to get in my car... but I couldn't, the keys were INSIDE locked up in the car! Oh my... what to do... call Jason! We had a spare set of keys at the house and he could just bring them to me and I could get in the car, go pick up mom and go about my business...
Whew... that was easy.... or so I thought....
We ended up at my house and... you guessed it.... somehow I locked the car accidently with my keys in the iginition and the spare key inside... That's where AAA comes in... they are just a phone call away.... thank goodness!!! So, an hour later the locksmith comes to jimmy my door and get both sets of keys OUT!

Twice in one day - I locked the keys in the car... now tell me I'm not losing my mind...
But the story doesn't end there.... I have a job interview downtown tomorrow morning at a place I am unfamiliar with so I decide to drive downtown to see exactly where this business is. I plug in the address in the GPS and start driving. I'm pretty close to the location, but I just can't find the place I am supposed to be. I go around the block and WHAM - my right back tire has a blow out! I'm lost and need to find a place to park... so I turn the corner and end up in the parking lot of a downtown church.
"Hello, AAA???" You guessed it - "Please come and change my tire..."

4 new tires later, I am all set. I'm telling you - the 2 calls I had to make in the last 2 days is well worth the cost of a membership..

4 comments:
And you had to sandwich me into your frustrating day! Good to see you. Hugs!
You are a mess!! So glad God is taking care of you!! Oh and I love the pic of you and David!
I totally agree, AAA is one of the best investments I have ever made, they have saved me multiple times. :)
I loved running into you the other day...You were so pretty with your straightened hair...One Hot Momma!
I am gathering some scrapbooking stuff...thanks to your recent inspiration...hopefully soon I can join you and get this thing going!
Love and miss ya!
Post a Comment