Well - I was supposed to be in Amarillo this weekend - but Hurrican Ike had different plans for me, and Lynn and Charlie! Bummer. I had been checking all week with the airlines, trying to find out if we would be able to fly to Amarillo for the big reunion. Friday morning when I got my boarding pass - they said all looked fine.
I was excited - it would be fun traveling with my friends from Paramount Baptist Church in Amarillo. We had a great youth group and wonderful memories we were eager to share - just like 'ole times. Charlie and I were leaving from San Antonio and Lynn was meeting up with us in Dallas and we were going to be on the same flight to Amarillo.
50 Years seems like a long time. We wanted to help celebrate the wonderful things God has allowed to evolve over those years. Of course, I was really thinking about all the great things that I experienced - how God came into my life and molded me into the woman I am today. How this church was there for me when I got married - we were the first wedding in the new auditorium in July of 1972. How both my kids grew up in the nursery at PBC - how our Sunday School class supported David and I as we made the move to Ft. Worth for David to attend SWBTS. Those years of my youth and early marriage and the birth of my kids made such a difference in my life.
On the way home, Friday, I got the call - GROUNDED! I couldn't believe it. Our flight was cancelled because of the connection in Dallas! Ike had missed us completely, but was going to cause problems in Dallas.
Disappointed? You bet - but blessed to have been a part of such a fantastic body of believers. Congratulations on 50 years of being a light in the neighborhood. May you shine for many more!

3 comments:
I'm sad that you had to miss it, but I know the kids were glad you were here. They've missed their Mama!!
Okay, that was me....I didn't preview my comment and had to delete it...sorry. We sure missed you, Charlie and Lynn at the 50th. It was a wonderful service and great fellowship. I was talking to a few people who seemed to know me but I had no idea who they were! :-)
Wish you guys could have been here. It sure brought back a lot of memories.
Post a Comment