Monday, August 25, 2008

Ok - I'm a Slacker...



This calls for a "Month in Review". When I share what we have been up to for the past month, you will understand why I haven't blogged! Oh, I know - Stephanie says that is no excuse... but I'm just tired! But I'm getting back in the groove and looking forward to a great September. You'll be hearing from me more often, I promise!


Yes, that's David with funny glasses on and acting CRAZY! Our LifeGroup from CBC went to Fredericksburg to see the Rockbox Theatre. It was great - front row seats - but one of the cast girls picked the best looking guy around and lo and behold David was up on stage dancing around.

The 4th of August was Austin's birthday. He turned 8. Everyone came to our house for cake.

And of course, there were the presents! Ashton & Taylor helped him celebrate. Madi was somewhere, but you know she's 13, so that explains alot!



Next was the wedding of a dear friend from CBC - Cindy Hicks. She got married on 8/8/08! It was a beautiful wedding. David rushed from work to meet me there. Afterwards, Robert & Donna Crawford, Neil & Martha Fisher and David & I went to supper at Smokey Moe's.




Then we celebrated the birthday of one of our LifeGroup members - Pat. This was taken at Clay and Bonnie's home. Notice the beautiful necklace and earrings? Those were from me. Bonnie gave her some awesome perfume! It was a good night all around.




Pump It Up for Taylor's 5th birthday party. Sunday afternoon we all meet at the Pump It Up for lots of fun and games. Taylor had his heart set on having his party at the same place Ashton had hers last December...



David & Joey


KING OF THE DAY!





Our next adventure was riding the golf cart with David at the La Cantera Resort Course. Jason had two free rounds of golf, so Allison, Jason, Gretta (their new foreign exchange student from Germany), David and I headed out to the golf course on Sunday morning.



Allison & Gretta

This was the most beautiful course. I really enjoyed being with David at this course. He played pretty good as well. It was a fun morning and afternoon.




NOW THE BIG EVENT...

When Ashton asked David (PaPa) to baptize her, it thrilled us to no end. David had already had the privelege of baptizing both of his children and Joey - Stephanie's husband. Now he was going to baptize his first grandchild. It was awesome. We were able to do it at the BRCC pool that David had a huge part in creating. It was an awesome experience for all of us.




Jeannie Robins, Stephanie and Staci Loalbo
PaPa and MaMa (David and I) gave Ashton a necklace with a heart that had a cross in the middle. We wanted her to always know that Jesus is in her heart.
Well - that's our month in review. Sorry it was so long in coming, but it was well worth the wait.
See you next month!



4 comments:

THE Stephanie said...

Oh I don't think so! You better get back on blog band wagon or I pulling your "blog card!"

But that was a fabulous post... love you!

Vern ~ Inspired said...

That was a lovely update!

I need to do that with my whole Summer!!

Things just keep happening!
I can't seem to stay caught up.

Hopefully now that school is started I will be able to do that!

Hugs and see you soon!

Staci Loalbo said...

very sweet!!! im so proud of ashton!!

Eileen said...

Okay, I admit I cried when I saw David baptizing his GRANDdaughter! Wow. What a moment. Thanks for keeping me in the loop. Love ya.