Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween at Sterling House

There were parties all throughout the day on Friday, October 30. Mom had on her "Halloween" shirt and enjoyed the day with all her friends. I stopped by after work and had a blast listening to all the stories of what happened earlier in the day.

This is King Harry - he really enjoyed being around all the ladies!

This is Lorraine #1.



This is Lorraine #2 in the witches hat. She was so funny - love the shirt & hat!

Here is mom with her "best buds" - Jan and June. The staff provided costumes for those who didn't have anything to wear - June still has on the Hawaiian lai - don't know what Jan had on earlier...



I took this self portrait with some of the gang mom hangs out with. Left to right...
Lorraine, Shirley, Lucille, Mom, Me, Jan and June.
Mary is the Activities Director. She does a really good job with creating activities for all the residents. She gets mom to help her set the table and do the decorations - you know mom loves that. She is really looking forward to Christmas. Mom loves keeping busy.



Earlier in the day, mom helped make some goodies (spiders - chocolate candy with pretzel legs). As quickly as she made them, they were gobbled up! There were several groups of kids from area schools that came by and trick or treated the residents. It was a fun day for all.


3 comments:

KK said...

I'm so glad she is in such a neat and fun place :)

Jenny said...

Out of all these great pictures, the one thing that stood out to me is how cute you look in the very first picture.

Jen

Stanton said...

I am so glad you get to be around your Mom. I still miss mine after all these years. Stanton