Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th

Our neighborhood had a July 4th Parade! How cool is that? Ashton & Taylor came over on Friday and spent the night, so we were ready for the event on Saturday morning - July 4th. Did I tell you July 4th is my FAVORITE holiday? I love the fireworks and the hoop-la. I love the flags and celebration - and I love getting a new shirt to wear. Maybe it's because I feel like it's the official start of my birthday - just 4 days away! Hint, Hint, - that's July 8th for those of you who can't see where I'm going with this...



It was exciting when the big, red fire truck pulled up and all the kids got to take a look. It was even more exciting when they got a call and had to speed off to put out a fire at the Northern Hills Golf Course - where David was playing his Saturday morning game...


It was a small parade, but a parade nevertheless! See Taylor and Ashton riding their bikes? After we made it back to the pool we decided to spend the rest of our time in the water! At 105 degrees, it was much cooler in the pool than on the sidewalk.

The association provided some hot dogs and watermelon to those who came to the pool. It was really nice. 1st Annual Event - one I will participate in next year, for sure!

We didn't get to see the fireworks in person, but there was a great TV special from New York that was worth watching...

Hope everyone had a great 4th! I sure did - and I'll continue to celebrate at least until my birthday, or anniversary... just however long I can draw it out is fine with me!




1 comment:

THE Stephanie said...

Oh mom, I have no doubt that you can draw it out for at least the entire month of July.

Have faith!! :)